View and manage backup settings and schedule
Backup virtual machines running on ESXi hosts and vCenter servers to the IDrive BMR device. The initial backup is a full image backup and subsequent backups are full or incremental, as per the schedule set while adding the VMs to the IDrive BMR device.
To view and manage the backup settings and schedules, click corresponding to the required VMware server under the ESXi/vCenter tab.
You can custom-set the backup schedule for your VMware virtual machines on the IDrive BMR device.
To schedule VMware backup,
- Connect to the IDrive BMR device interface.
- Go to the VMware Servers tab.
- Click corresponding to the required VMware server under the ESXi/vCenter tab. The Backup settings slider appears.
- Click corresponding to the Backup schedule field.
- Configure the backup interval, schedule, and retention settings.
You can stop a VM backup by the specified end time. Set a frequency for forced full image backup, if required.
Note: You can enable/disable the schedule using the toggle at the top right corner of the slider.
Click Save Changes.
The backup will run as per the updated settings.