Data cleanups on the IDrive BMR device
You can delete old and incomplete backups from the IDrive BMR device via cleanup.
To configure and schedule your cleanup,
- Connect to the IDrive BMR device interface.
- Click Cleanup on the RHS menu.
- Set the Global filesystem quota limit at 80% (recommended) or as required. When the device storage crosses this limit, the device will suspend all operations and redirect to the cleanup maintenance page.
- Schedule the cleanup operation in the Cleanup time window section. You can schedule cleanups daily or on weekdays/weekends by selecting the days and hours as required from this section. The device deletes old and incomplete backups as per the schedule and your backup retention settings.
To perform a manual cleanup,
- From the RHS menu, navigate to Statistics > Storage insight.
- In the Storage section, select All, Computers, or VMware servers from Cleanup dropdown.
- Click Cleanup.
- In the popup window that appears, click Confirm.
Once these steps are completed, the manual cleanup operation will be initiated.
Note: The device interface will be inaccessible for the duration of the cleanup.