IDrive® BMR encryption security
IDrive BMR uses AES 256 CCM/AES 256 GCM encryption to safeguard your data at rest on your IDrive BMR device and cloud. Data is also encrypted during transfers.
Your IDrive BMR device data is encrypted with an encryption key that you can set via the following methods:
- Default encryption: IDrive BMR will set a system-generated encryption key to encrypt all your data.
- Private encryption: Set a defined encryption key known only to you. It is recommended to set a private encryption key for enhanced security.
Configure encryption settings for your IDrive® BMR device
When you set up the IDrive BMR device for the first time, you will be prompted to configure your encryption settings.
To configure encryption on your IDrive BMR device,
- Connect to the IDrive BMR device interface.
- Choose the method of encryption as per your requirements.
Default encryption key is selected by default.
To set a private encryption key, click Private encryption key, and enter a private encryption key of your choice in the respective field.
- Click Continue.
- Once the encryption key is set for your IDrive BMR device, it cannot be changed.
- IDrive BMR does not store your private encryption key on its servers and hence cannot assist you in its retrieval. It is recommended that you archive it safely for continued access to your IDrive BMR device and cloud data.