Perform file-level restore for computers
Perform point-in-time recovery of backed-up machines with IDrive BMR. During the restore process, you will need to select the particular drive along with the recovery point. Create up to 5 restore paths collectively for computers and VMware servers, irrespective of the authentication type selected. Access and restore the backed-up files and folders of your computers via these restore paths — accessible over the LAN.
To create a file-level restore path,
- On the Computers tab, click corresponding to the required computer. You will be directed to file restore, for the latest recovery point of the computer.
Alternatively, go to Restore > File restore and select the required computer and recovery point.
- Select the drive from the Choose drive dropdown.
- By default Enable user authentication will be selected as No. This will create an open share that is accessible on the network.
To create a secure share,
1. Select Yes to enable user authentication.
2. Select the username from the Mount username dropdown.
3. Enter the mount password.
- Click Create Restore Path.
A summary for the selected computer will be created in the Mount summary section. You can use the path displayed under Mount path to access your backed-up data.