Configure two-factor authentication for your IDrive BMR account with Time-based OTP authentication.
Information included in the article
- Time-based OTP authenticator apps supported by IDrive BMR
- Configure two-factor authentication with Time-based OTP authentication
- Sign in after enabling two-factor authentication with Time-based OTP Authenticator
Time-based OTP authenticator apps supported by IDrive BMR
IDrive BMR supports the following Time-based OTP authenticator apps:
- Google Authenticator (Android/iPhone/BlackBerry)
- Duo Mobile (Android/iPhone)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android/iPhone/Windows Phone 7)
- Okta Verify (Android/iPhone)
- Any other authentication app that supports a time-based one-time protocol is compatible with Google Authenticator
Configure two-factor authentication with Time-based OTP authentication
To configure two-factor authentication for your IDrive BMR account with the Time-based OTP authentication method, you will need to enter a verification code generated by a Time-based OTP authenticator app installed on your mobile device, while signing in to the web console.
To configure two-factor authentication with the Time-based OTP authenticator app,
- Sign in to IDrive BMR web console.
- Click on the top right and select Two-factor Authentication.
- Click Enable.
- Select Time-based OTP authentication as your preferred method of receiving the one-time verification code and click Confirm.
- Install and launch any Time-based OTP authenticator app on your mobile device and scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen.
Alternatively, you can also view the key by clicking on Enter key manually, type it manually on your mobile device, and click Next.
- Copy and save the recovery code displayed on your computer screen securely or click Download to download and save as a .txt file. Click Continue.
Note: You will require the recovery code to deactivate two-factor authentication for your account, in
- Enter the one-time code generated by the Time-based OTP Authenticator app in your mobile device and click Activate.
Sign in after enabling two-factor authentication with Time-based OTP Authenticator
To sign in to the web console after two-factor authentication is enabled with Time-based OTP Authenticator,
- On the sign-in screen, enter your username and password, and click Sign in.
- You will be prompted to enter the one-time code generated by the Time-based OTP Authenticator app in your mobile device.
- Enter the code and click Submit Code.